Sunday 10 January 2010





























Oh what a day. We drove about 30-40 minutes away from where we live to a place called Westerheim. Together with our friends/neighbours. So we packed the cars and drove there. Was nice. All white. Lots of snow and our single wooden sledge. We also have a plastic slider, but thats not all the fun. So we walked up the hill and went down with our sledges. First try ok. With Fabian and no jumps we arrived fine. Then I took Jonathan and well it happened. We jumped over a small bump and while I tried to avoid to fall on Jonathan I rolled over the sledge and broke it.






So most of the fun was over now. Our friends and our kids ran uphill a few more times, but it was not the same fun. Back home I removed the broken and rusted screws, bent the metal bar and reinforced everything. Now also some crossbars help to make the sledge stiff and hopefully strong enough to carry me 117kg Daddy again without breaking the sledge again. I will try to get one of the last wooden sledges at the one dealer tomorrow. But the outlook is bad. Almost all sledges are sold...Let's hope.














No comments: