Saturday 15 October 2011

Lindys Diner



Since 1994 I am driving along this old, closed Diner near Port Ewen,NY on Route 9W. It's called LINDY's Diner and since then I take pictures every time I have the chance come upstate NY.
It is interesting to see the Diner rotting on and on. More and more graffitis on the walls and nothing happens. Nobody seems to take care of that area.
So far I only found out, that in Esopus / Port Ewen since more than 10 years multiple requests have been made to build something new on that property.
A colleague who moved to Port Ewen in 1987 !!! said, the Diner was already closed then and it already looked closed for a while.
I could find no Data of that Diner, when it was opened the last time or find any pictures when it was opened.I wrote an Email to the Esopus Community to ask for some more information. Not sure if I will get some. Anyway, take a look at the Pictures from 2000-2011. I need to scan my old photgraphs for more pics.
Enjoy

1 comment:

meghanf said...

I have likewise always been fascinated by the dilapidated, old diner and was dismayed to see it had finally been leveled on my last trip home. Did you ever find more information about its history? I have spent some time strolling the grounds and always found it eerie that there were still stacked plates and cups inside.