Monday 9 March 2015

Skiing in Austria

Damn, it was already 9 years ago, that I had my last skiing trip. It was with my friends in 2006. Haven't been on the skiers since then. I started skiing pretty late with 25 years. I did ok, but I am not so crazy for skiing. It is fun.
So after 9 years I decided to come with my friends again. Direction Tyrol in Austria. Serfaus, Fiss, Ladis. Nice area. About 3 1/2 hours away from Stuttgart (well without traffic).
We had a little bed and breakfast. Very cure little house with a very lovely old lady taking care of us :-)
After we boarded my Citroen Jumpy with 6 guys heading to Austria, packed with skieers, stuff, beer we arrived on Friday in Faggen/Austria.
I had to rent my equipment, but since I did that online, I saved 15% :-)
We bought the ski passes and drove up to the Middlestation in Serfaus. 1980m
It was a breathtakinv view and a unbelievable weather. Blue skies..no clouds. Perfect. All the days before the weather was not so good. Cloudy, some snow, fog, not a beautiful weather...but we had the perfect timing.
Since I haven't been on the skiers for 9 years I started slowly on the blue labeled tracks. My friends were helping me a lot.
After a while I took the skilift many times to go up again and ski and practice.
It was a lot of fun. Not easy, but fun.
After a delicious lunch we took the track down to the town. The snow was already sluggish from the powerful sun, so I had some little trouble. But again, with the help of my friends it was all fine. They had a lot of fun anyway on the red and black tracks.
Apres Ski was of course also fun. Dinner took place at the Hotel Post in Prutz. Was ok, no huge portions unfortunately, but good food. Some last drinks were taken at the Bacchus Keller.. little stinky, smokey place. People were ok. But we are all non smokers and in Austria it is still allowed to smoke inside Bars and Restaurants. So we smelled like an ashtray.

Saturday we started early in the morning. We took a differend lift in Fiss. Different area. But since we were some of the first ones on the tracks it was perfect. I had some little issues, but I made it. Later on I practiced a lot and I improved also. Was much more fun. So after lunch I made the full way down again with much less trouble.
Apres Ski on Saturday was much better in Fiss at the Hexenalm. Fully crowded, funny music and lots of alcohol ( not for me as the driver).
But we had our fun. Dinner was at the Felsenburg Pizza Place. Very delicious Pizza and Pasta. Was a very good choice in Prutz.
Since we were all very tired we did not went to another Bar.

Sunday was our last day. Martin and I decided not to ski anymore. We enjoyed the beautiful sun on the Mountain. We wanted to hike a bit, but he had not so good shoes...so we just relaxed :-)
After the others finished skiing we packed the car and had a long trip back. Lots of traffic and 6 hours instead of 3 1/2.. That was not so nice. But overall a wonderful weekend :-)

Enjoy the pics:




























No comments: